I’m not sure about you, but the lock down has made many of the day-to-day logistics of life SO much more complicated.
For instance...deliveries. I occasionally get the deliveries for work or for AfroDaddy, and usually they get sent to my office. Although I have changed most of the details because I’m still working from home, some have slipped through the cracks.
So then I have to go get it myself. Simple, right? Not so much! Since the boys are still at home every other day, I need to make sure that while I run out, my wife doesn’t have a meeting, the boys aren’t going crazy, and everyone has what they need for the 30 minute round trip.
It would SO much easier if I could easily get someone to fetch the package for me - and that’s where Uber Connect comes in. It’s as simple as calling for an Uber...except now you have the “Connect” option. It costs R5.45 per km (with a minimum of R25 and the R10 service fee), and as long as the package is worth less than R1500 and can fit into a motorbike box, you are good to go!
These pics show the few steps it takes to get the package picked and delivered to your door:
How to order
1. Select Connect in the Uber app, agree to the terms and conditions, confirm that your package
does not contain prohibited items, and request a delivery
2. Reply to the message you’ll receive in the Uber app asking for the recipient’s name and any
special delivery instructions for your delivery partner.
3. Meet the delivery partner outside and load your package into their motorbike topbox*
4. Share the trip with your recipient so they can track the trip and meet the delivery partner outside to
retrieve the package from the delivery partner.
5. This service is limited to areas where Uber Eats operates